Major COPD Sign and Symptoms
- Frequent coughing( with or without mucus)
- Frequent wheezing
- More phlegm and sputum production
- progressively worsens with daily activities such as walking
- May have acute exacerbate on cold and allergens
- Ccoughing or wheezing frequently
- Excess phlegm, mucus, or sputum production.
- Shortness of breath.
- Trouble taking a deep breath.
- May have confusion and memory loss
- May have depression and anxiety and mental condition
- difficult in climbing stairs
- Frequent infection of chest
- Swelling ankle, foot, and lower leg especially
- chest tightness and heaviness
- Lack of energy and unable to do activities
- Bluish of lips or finger nailbeds(cyanosis)
- Rapid heartbeat
- Feeling foggy and uneasy
- Purring of lips
Two classic COPD phenotypes ( COPD Signs)
- Emphysema is an enlargement of airspaces (alveoli). Due to this the walls of the air sac later break down thus resulting in permanent damage to the lung tissue
- Chronic bronchitis is a condition in which there is a productive cough presented for at least three months each year for two continuous years.
Both of the above conditions (emphysema and chronic bronchitis) conditions can exist without airflow limitation, t In this sense, they are not classed as COPD.
How COPD is diagnosed?
COPD is simply diagnosed by a breathing test method called a spirometry test.
How are COPD Sign and Symptoms Prevented and Treated?
When You Have COPD sign and symptoms, you should be able to take the most important steps in order to reduce them and improve your quality of life. These are the following steps and measures to be taken seriously.
- Should Quit smoking.
- Avoid yourself from tobacco smoke
- Avoid air pollutants at home and at the workplace
- Keep yourself warm during the cold seasons
- Take the medicines as suggested by doctors regularly
- Lung Rehabilitation plans should be made
- Avoid lung infections as far as possible. A regular vaccine-like flu and pneumonia vaccine is to be taken. If respirator infection antibiotics may be needed
- Supplemental oxygen may be needed if the oxygen level is low
When to see a doctor for signs and symptoms of COPD?
It will be wise to consult your doctor if the sign and symptoms of COPD are not improving with regular treatment or it getting worse day by day. Mostly when following mention COPD Sign and Symptoms occur, immediate medical or doctors consultation is necessary
when you notice symptoms of an infection like fever or a change in sputum
- Difficult in your breath,
- experience severe blueness of your lips or fingernail beds (cyanosis)
- rapid heartbeat,
- if you feel foggy and have trouble concentrating